Complete the Online Application
To complete the UPES online application, click on the Link: https://admission.upes.ac.in/apply
Pay your Application Fee
When you submit your online application, you will be assessed a USD50 non-refundable application processing fee through the Credit/Debit Card payment gateway.
Alternatively, you may make a bank transfer:
|Beneficiary’s Name||University of Petroleum and Energy Studies|
|Bank Name||Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd.|
|Branch IFSC Code||KKBK0004605|
|Branch Name||Ground Floor, Narain Manzil, New Delhi - 110001|
Please email the scanned copy of the receipt given to you by the bank to the E-mail ID firstname.lastname@example.org (mention your name, course, contact number) and send the below listed documents if available at the time of application:
- Secondary school mark sheets/transcripts (e.g. Class 10/ SSC mark sheet / “O” Level / or equivalent)
- Senior secondary school mark sheets/transcripts (e.g. Class 12/ “A” Level certificate/ or equivalent
- Scanned copy of passport For those applying for post graduate course:
- Secondary & senior secondary school transcripts and mark sheets as detailed above
- Undergraduate mark sheets/transcripts (Bachelor degree/graduation or equivalent)
- Scanned copy of Passport.
Issuance of Offer Letter/Visa Letter
On successful submission of application, the University shall assess the student’s documents for eligibility for the course for which they have applied. If approved, an offer of admission letter/visa letter will be issued to the applicant.
It is mandatory for each incoming student to be equipped with a laptop conforming to the minimum specifications of UPES. Details available on the UPES website www.upes.ac.in
Visas And Registration
- International students who wish to study in India must obtain a Student Visa before travelling to India.
- Please make enquiries at the Indian Consulate/Embassy /High Commission in your country /country of application to ascertain the correct procedure and time necessary to obtain a visa valid for the term of study of your program at UPES.
All international students are required by law to register with the Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO)/ local police authorities as per regulation of the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India. At present, this must be within 14 days of arrival in India but please check this information with the Consulate/Embassy/High Commission in your company before departure as these rules are subject to change.
Students must comply with visa rules and registration requirements and keep abreast of any changes
Accordingly, students are responsible for ensuring that their visas are valid throughout the period of study at UPES and for maintaining their registration with the FRRO/local police.
Students can request assistance from UPES for preliminary registration formalities in Dehradun.
- Students must fulfill minimum eligibility requirements as laid down for their chosen program at UPES.
- UPES must be satisfied that candidates applying for admission to undergraduate programs must have obtained higher secondary / ‘A’ Level/ Class 12 certificate (with a minimum percentage of marks as prescribed) and taken requisite courses necessary to meet the eligibility criteria for admission to the program of choice.
- For admission to a postgraduate program at UPES, the equivalence for the undergraduate degree earned by the candidate in his/her country shall be obtained from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). In certain cases, students may be requested to obtain the necessary certification from AIU in this regard.
An applicant holding a passport of any country other than India is defined as an International student.
However, student holding Indian passport but having qualified higher Secondary examination/UG degree or equivalent from foreign country would have the option to apply as international student.
Students from SAARC countries - Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka, and non-resident Indians (NRI as defined above) of these countries will pay fees in line with domestic students. However, they are classified as international students and gain admittance through the international pathway.
- Students must fulfil minimum eligibility requirements as laid down for their chosen program at UPES.
- UPES must be satisfied that candidates applying for admission to undergraduate programs must have obtained higher secondary school certificate (with minimum percentage of marks as prescribed) and taken requisite courses necessary to meet the eligibility criteria for the program of admission.
- For admission to postgraduate program at UPES, the equivalence for the undergraduate degree earned by the candidate in his/her country shall be obtained from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). In certain cases, students may be requested to obtain the necessary certification from (AIU).
- It is recommended that students have the following:
- School of Business: MBA programs: GMAT score of 600
- School of Engineering
- School of Computer science Undergraduate programs: Valid SAT score Postgraduate programs: GRE Score of 1700 (cumulative).
- Students from non -English speaking countries should satisfy UPES that they have adequate proficiency in English to be able to undertake the program of their choice. If required, an undertaking from such students shall be taken to undergo the English language training for a specific period (depending on the proficiency to be assessed by UPES on arrival) before starting the actual program of admission. Qualifying TOEFL/IELTS or equivalent may not be mandatory but strongly advised.
- Students must possess a valid passport for the duration of study.
For NON SAARC/NRI/PIO/OCI
Program Fee Structure (in USD per Annum):
|Years||Name of Course||One time Fees
|1st year||2nd year||3rd year||4th year||5th year||6th year||Total Fees|
|4||B Tech (Stream-I)*||1000||7138||7138||7138||7138||29552|
|4||B Tech (Stream-II) Non-CS||1000||6338||6338||6338||6338||26352|
|4||B.Tech Renewable & Sustainable Energy Engineering||1000||6338||6338||6338||6338||26352|
|4||B.Tech Advance materials & Nano Technology||1000||6338||6338||6338||6338||26352|
|2||M Tech Non-CS||1000||4700||4700||10400|
|2||M Tech (Pr Stream-HSE/HSE DM)||1000||4925||4925||10850|
|4||B Tech (Stream-II) CS||1000||7138||7138||7138||7138||29552|
|3||B.Computer Application (BCA)||1000||2267||2267||2267||7801|
|3||BCA Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning||1000||2267||2267||2267||7801|
|2||Master of Computer Application||1000||2775||2775||6550|
|2||M Tech CS||1000||4700||4700||10400|
|2||M.Tech CSE by Research||1000||2125||2125||5250|
|3||B.Sc. Science - PCM||1000||2017||2017||2017||7051|
|3||B.Sc (Hons) Geology||1000||2017||2017||2017||7051|
|2||M.SC - PCM||1000||2775||2775||6550|
|2||M.Sc Geo Science Informatics||1000||2775||2775||6550|
|2||M.Sc Petroleum Informatics||1000||2775||2775||6550|
|5||Integrated B.Sc. M.Sc. (PCM)||1000||2563||2563||2563||2563||11252|
|5||Integrated M.Sc. PhD||-||390||390||390||390||390||1950|
|3||BBA Green Energy and Sustainability||1000||4967||4967||4967||15901|
|3||BA (Public Policy)||1000||4867||4867||4867||15601|
|3||BA Energy (Economics)||1000||3133||3133||3133||10399|
|3||BA (HONS.) ECONOMICS||1000||2233||2233||2233||7699|
|2||Integrated BBA - MBA||1000||7200||7200||7200||7200||29800|
|2||Integrated B.Com (Hons) - MBA||1000||5138||5138||5138||5138||21552|
|4||B.Design/B.Des Fashion Design||1000||7150||7150||7150||7150||29600|
|4||B.Des Life Style and Accessory Design||1000||7150||7150||7150||7150||29600|
|5||B.Des + M.Des||1000||8150||8150||8150||8150||8150||41750|
|2||M.Design/M.Des Fashion Design||1000||9400||9400||19800|
|2||M.Des Graphic Design||1000||9400||9400||19800|
|6||B.Tech CS + LLB||1000||5550||5550||5550||5550||5550||5550||34300|
|5||BA/BBA/B.com + LLB||1000||5690||5690||5690||5690||5690||29450|
|3||LLB/ BA Legal Studies||1000||5783||5783||5783||18349|
|4||Bachelor of Pharmacy||1000||3063||3063||3063||3063||13252|
|4||B. Tech Food Technology||1000||6338||6338||6338||6338||26352|
|6||B.Pharma + MBA||1000||7217||7217||7217||7217||7217||7217||44302|
|5||B.Tech Biotech + MBA||1000||8040||8040||8040||8040||8040||41200|
|5||B.Tech Food Tech + MBA||1000||8040||8040||8040||8040||8040||41200|
|2||M.Sc. Nutrition & Dietetics||1000||2875||2875||6750|
|2||M.Sc. Clinical Research||1000||2875||2875||6750|
|2||M.Sc. Pharmacology and Toxicology||1000||2400||2400||5800|
|4||Integrated (BSc - MSc (Nutrition))||1000||2550||2550||2550||2550||11200|
|4||Integrated (BSc - MSc)||1000||2400||2400||2400||2400||10600|
|4||Integrated (BSc - MSc (Clinical))||1000||2550||2550||2550||2550||11200|
|3||BA (Journalism & Mass Communication)||1000||2883||2883||2883||9649|
|3||BA (Digital & Mass Media)||1000||2883||2883||2883||9649|
|3||BBA - Events, PR & Corporate Communications||1000||2883||2883||2883||9649|
|2||MA Journalism & Mass Communication||1000||4075||4075||9150|
|2||MA (Digital & Mass Media)||1000||4075||4075||9150|
For NON SAARC/NRI/PIO/OCI
Program Fee Structure (in USD per Annum):
For SAARC Countries, Please Click Here.
SAARC Countries constitute of - Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
UPES offers various scholarships to international students:
- UPES offers up to 70% scholarship on tuition fee to international students which is further based on performance in their qualifying examinations. Students who wish to avail the MERIT scholarship must send their transcripts/ certificates to email@example.com for assessment and calculation.
Merit Cum Means Scholarship
- UPES provides financial concession to students from low income families. Students, who wish to avail benefits under this category must send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration by the scholarship committee.